Sunday, 6 October 2013

Book Review of Woodland Knits - Stephanie Dosen

 
Morning lovely people. How are you today? I’m enjoying a sunny morning here at The Wool Nest. I’m feeling a lot better today after a short illness over Friday night and Saturday. What a pain!! I’m glad I’m feeling better today though as I’m off to visit my parents then we’re out tonight with our lovely neighbours for a cheeky meal at the Chinese Restaurant across the road. Yum!

A few weeks ago, a lovely surprise popped through the letterbox here at The Wool Nest – my review copy of Woodland Knits by Tiny Owl Knits (Stephanie Dosen), kindly provided by Quadrille  Publishing. How absolutely exciting. I couldn’t wait to rummage through the pages, and see the delightful projects hiding within. I wasn’t disappointed as I love pretty much everything in this magical book. I’d already fallen in love with Stephanie’s work, having seen a few of her projects on Ravelry and in various craft magazines. Stephanie also sells her designs through Ravelry and they’re extremely popular. You can see her designs here:
 
 
Woodland Knits is a collection of her most popular and iconic designs, along with a selection of new hand-knits.
 

 
As soon as I set eyes on this inspiring book with its’ fairytale woodland setting, I was immediately transported back in time to my childhood days of reading and dreaming. Back to the days of fairies and elves, The Enchanted Forest and The Magic Faraway Tree. I imagined a land of knitting at the top of the Faraway Tree, where I had to stay until I’d knitted everything from Woodland Knits – now that would be fab wouldn’t it.  But what would I knit first? The charming Mr. Fox Stole? the pretty Catching Butterflies gloves? the Dragon Watcher’s Hood? Or the whimsical Bo Peep Scarf? So many lovely things to choose from, including a set of the cutest fairy wings………
 

Stephanie writes her instructions really well with great attention to detail. She includes handy hints which are a great resource for knitters and will help you to achieve a perfect result.
 
And that's not all - when Stephanie isn't designing fabulous knits, she's a singer-songwriter who has toured with Massive Attack and appeared on Later with Jools Holland - Wow, what a girl - some people are super talented!! You can read more about Stephanie here: http://tinyowlknits.wordpress.com/
 
I can’t recommend this book highly enough. It’s one of the very few books where I love and want to knit every single project – if not for me, for friends and family. Add it to your Christmas list and it will really make you smile on Christmas Day.

Thanks for reading  - I'd love to hear your thoughts on the book.
 
Happy Crafting, Lynne xx

No comments:

Post a Comment