Saturday, 14 September 2013

Feeling Christmassy yet?

Wow - I know it's only just September but I think the weeks are racing by - don't you? I've noticed that most craft magazines are gearing up for Christmas with free books, yarns and festive designs. This issue's Let's Get Crafting is full of Christmas fun, including my mini Christmas brooches that you could pop on a gift or in a card.



I always like to add a handmade touch and I'll soon be sharing some free patterns with you so that you can use up those odds and ends of yarn and make something fabulous for your friends and family.
 
I've been working on lots of Christmassy designs including these festive baubles for Homemaker Magazine. They have printed the free pattern here: homemaker festive baubles and tea cosy and the charts for the baubles are in the tea cosy download. They're really easy to make and wrap around a polystyrene ball - simple shapes with just a touch of fairisle.
 

I've also been working on some Christmas decorations that will be published in Russia. It made me smile to think I'm going global. I also have an 80 part blanket published in the same weekly magazine made from pretty squares of knitting and crochet. Sadly I can't share photos, but I've found some lovely free patterns for a snowflake and snowman that you might like instead if you want to get your Christmas knits going (click the image for the pattern). The snowmen are by Jill Watt and the snowflake is Lucy at attic24 :



I'll be back soon with some of my own free patterns for Christmas and until then, happy crafting. I'd love to hear if you've made any handmade gifts yet xxx

1 comment:

  1. clicking on the photo of the snowmen does not bring a pattern up. Am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete