Sunday, 4 August 2013

Fun Hats and Flowers

I can't believe how quickly time is flying. The days are racing by and I've already designed and made a whole stack of Christmas projects, from knitted baubles to hot water bottle cosies and more fun hats. The world of designing is a little topsy-turvy as magazines are created about 4-6 months in advance. Knitting Christmas projects in the sun felt quite strange, but I enjoyed them all the same.

Talking of hats, my 30 fun hats arrived back home safe and sound recently. What a lot of hats, soon to be published in their own book, which I'm waiting patiently to see. I had my firm favourites at the designing and making stage, but then when I saw the fabulous photography, I found that I changed my mind. But here's one that has remained my favourite from start to finish - Red Riding Hood. It's simple and pretty and has some cable detail along the sides that you can't see in the photo. It's part of a hat duo as I've also designed a wolf hat - these make a great pair, especially if you have a boy and a girl. They're both really simple to make, knitted on straight needles with a sewn back seam - great for beginners. Images are courtesy of Quintet Publishing.

Lately, I've also been the proud recipient of flowers, thanks to some very thoughtful and kind friends and family. I've been given a beautiful bunch of lilies, a gorgeous lily plant which smells absolutely delightful in the conservatory, and some equally beautiful dendrobium - a flower of the orchid family. Lucky me. I'm doing my very best to keep them alive for as long as possible - could this be a first for me? Do I have green fingers after all? Don't tell hubby or else he'll have me pruning the plants in the garden.


3 comments:

  1. I love the wolf hat, clever designing as it keeps the hands warm as well, ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought your book tonight in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA. The hats are fantastic! What great photography. Congratulations. Amazing that 3 weeks ago you were waiting for this book to be published and tonight it's in my hands. Small world. I am looking forward to your next book. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me - I'm really glad you like the book and I hope the hats make people smile xx Happy knitting, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete