Sunday, 30 June 2013

Make With Mabel - Fairisle and Cables

Yesterday I ran my first Workshop at Make With Mabel in Knutsford, Cheshire.
 
I'd spun some gorgeous merino wool into neat yarn cakes, designed a cute fairisle and cable pin cushion, researched, wrote notes, prepared a sample, prepared my materials and surprised myself at how organised I was.
 
I nervously arrived and prepared the lovely craftroom, ready for my 5 ladies, who were eager and ready to learn something new. I wasn't sure how competent they already were and hoped my lesson plan was adequate but also not too hard or complicated.
 
We enjoyed a busy and intense day, along with a scrumptious lunch supplied by Luise and complete with a bottle of Cava to celebrate one of the ladies birthdays. (I didn't secumb to the Cava - I only need to sniff alcohol and I'm squiffy!!! - not wise when I'm teaching!!) 
 
There were a few sighs and groans, but most of all there were lots of smiles and laughs. 
 
I was really proud of the ladies, who worked really hard for 6 hours. Here's the results of their hard work and concentration and I'm sure you'll agree they're rather lovely:






 
xx Well Done ladies, and I hope to see you all soon xx

3 comments: