Saturday, 13 April 2013

The Cake and Bake Show

Last week, my daughter Izzy and I excitedly caught the train to Manchester for the Cake and Bake Show. We're not early risers so we caught the 11.10 train and arrived at the show at around 12.30. Apparently there had been thousands of people queuing to get in earlier on, but by the time we arrived the queue had gone. In any event we had VIP tickets, courtesy of the press office which was really generous of them.

We received a goodie bag and access to the VIP room, full of yummy cakes, meringues, tea, coffee and cookies. Out goes the diet!! Not to mention the celebs who went there in between their demos for a quick cuppa, interview or just to relax. We saw Paul Hollywood close up and personal (he was shorter than I'd imagined), and Simon Rimmer spoke to us, which nearly caused Izzy to fall off her chair!! She was made up. We saw Catherine and John from the last GBBO and Paul A Young and Eric Lanlard. How exciting!!

I took along a little knitted cake to say thanks and the girls in the press office were delighted.

We nipped out at lunch time for a bite to eat and had a cheeky mojito too. They were the offer of the week at £1.99 so it would have been rude not to, wouldn't it.

Izzy made these delicious gluten-free cakes with the free goodies:


And here are some of the amazing cakes that people had made:







The Cake and Bake Show has inspired me to bake more so hopefully I'll find time between knitting and crochet projects to make something yummy!!

Happy baking xx

1 comment:

  1. What a great day out. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I think I have truly found my vocation, I won't be rich but I will be happy!

    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/such-joy.html

    ReplyDelete