Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Knit Today Issue 80 - a great xmas pressie

It's still not too late to grab yourself a great last minute pressie with issue 80 of Knit Today and it's FREE diary, with a free flower pattern for every month of the year, designed by me.
 
When my copy of Knit Today dropped through the letterbox, I literally squealed out loud when I saw the fab free diary with my 12 flower patterns - one for each month. It's a fab free gift that can be used throughout the year to keep on top of your appointments, not to mention the 12 lovely flowers designed by little old me. The flowers include:

Snowdrops - January
Rose - February
Daffodil - March
Bluebell - April
Tulip - May
Iris - June
Fuchsia - July
Peace Lily - August
Sunflower - September
Phlox - October
Poppy - November
Poinsettia - December

I love all the flowers, but  my favourites are the Fuchsia, the Poppy and the Iris. Here are some photos that I managed to grab before I hurriedly sent off my projects for the deadline (I'm always last minute!!). I mainly used oddments of mercerised cotton as I found this produced a firm fabric.I also used Debbie Bliss Rialto DK.








I really enjoyed designing these flowers and it's strange to think that lots of knitters will be carrying around my diary in their bags for the whole of 2013. I hope you all enjoy making the flowers - they're really satisfying.

If you get a chance to buy it, the magazine is great value for Money. There are some gorgeous patterns including my 6 festive quick knits. I love my christmas tree bunting and my simple wreath. I hope I get chance to make some before christmas.

Happy festive knitting xxxx

1 comment:

  1. lynne, your flowers are beautiful, have a nice Christmas, Ali

    ReplyDelete