Monday, 31 December 2012

Happy New Year

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas. I somehow managed to add a few handmade touches to some of my gifts, and made a few homemade decorations too. I loved sitting and relaxing amongst my Christmas decorations that I'm slowly adding to year after year.




I'll share my paper bunting tutorial asap as you could make this any time of the year for any occasion.
 
 
I've had a small break from my knitting, with just a pair of socks to finish over Christmas. I gave the hats a complete break as I realised they were getting me down a little. Desiging and knitting 30  fun hats sounds exciting - and it is, but they're time consuming too and they've been eating up a lot of my time lately. Spending some much needed time with my family has been wonderful over Christmas and I feel a lot happier and much more enthusiastic now. I have 5 more hats to design, a couple of hats to re-knit in different shades and a couple of hats to completely re-design at the request of the US publisher. We're way past the initial deadlines, but I can only knit so fast, so there's not a lot I can do about it. I've decided not to worry over it - if they're desperate they'll have to find another designer to knit up the last few hats. It's not the end of the world after all.
 
We had a lovely night out at our neighbour's 50th. surprise party. A great opportunity for me and hubby to get dressed up and let our hair down - something we don't do often, but perhaps should do more of. Perhaps we'll organise some 'date nights' to the cinema, or go out for a meal or just a nice walk.
 
I've been busy planning for the year ahead, deciding on my aims and goals and what I what to achieve and focus on once the book is out of the way. I have some new design ideas, so ideas for my blog and some free patterns to post. I've been thrilled with the way that 2012 has turned out. I've been delighted with most of my designs, and here are some of my favourites from this year:
 

 



 
 
I'll be back with a bang after the New Year and I wish you all the very best for a great 2013. Let's hope it brings us all happiness, craftiness, peace and  good health xxx

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Lynne, always love seeing pics of your designs - and the paper bunting got lots of lovely compliments - thank you.
    T xxx

    ReplyDelete