Monday, 11 June 2012

Back to Normal (almost) and a free seaside bunting pattern

Well, it's been almost a week now since the Jubilee celebrations - are you all getting back to normal? Here at number 10, we're slowly returning to our daily routine. Our middle daughter went back to Chester yesterday, ready for here final term at dance school. She's working hard towards the end of year production and I really can't wait to see it. I have two tickets, just because I always want to watch her dance again. So this time I will be able to. How exciting!!!

Our youngest is back at school tomorrow, much to his disappointment. So it's homework and reading today for him (much to his further disappointment!!!).

We had a lovely week off, pottering in the garden and tidying it up, jet washing the patio, painting the fence and sheds and buying some new (but cheap!!) patio furniture. Then it rained all week. Typical. We went to the cinema and had a day out shopping too, mooching here and there and buying a few things for our holiday. Oh, and I managed to sneak in a trip to Abakhan Fabrics in Hanley.... I didn't come out empty handed as you can guess.

We all enjoyed  watching the jubilee celebrations and I finished my bunting just in time. Do you remember, I blogged about it here - it helped me to relax on our flight to Ibiza.


We munched on our homemade yummy jubilee cupcakes.


The buttercream frosting was made from a Pink Whisk recipe here, - it's the most delicious frosting I've ever tasted and easy too - if I can make it anyone can!! 

So it's back into the swing of life and finishing my current knitting and crochet commissions. I'm pushing the boundaries at the moment with some very tight deadlines eek!! Hope I make them all - 12 flowers, 3 pairs of gloves/fingerless mittens/children's mittens, plus some christmas knits. They're more time intensive than I expected, but I think I'm winning.

In the meantime, if you'd like to make some bunting of your own, here's a free pattern for my seaside bunting, available through the Let's Get Crafting Website. Click here for the pattern (you'll need to register - but it's worth it - there are some great resources available). I'd love to see a photo if you make some of your own.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fishes and starfishes! Have been looking for a fish pattern for a while..will be having a go at hooking one!
    Your patriotic bunting is cool...and those cupcakes look yummy! I tried dyeing some cake blue...we had white choc fondue and strawberries too. The cake ended up with a slight green hue...I obviously was a bit stingy with the food colouring!
    Hope you enjoy your double dose of dancing!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete