Monday, 30 April 2012

Let's Get Crafting - pretty crochet bunting

I blogged here about my men's slippers and tea cosy in this month's Knit Today. I'm excited to also share my pretty crochet bunting and crochet cake doorstop in this month's fab edition of Let's Get Crafting. You can join the Let's Get Crafting website here for loads of free patterns and ideas to inspire you.

The theme in issue 40 is Best of British, and the mag is full of fab designs to make with the free kit. From cushions to cakes; bunting to bears, this edition is really excting. There are some great projects that will brighten up your jubilee celebrations.

Here's my cake doorstop (this was really fun to make):


And here's my pretty crochet bunting. It was really tricky trying to design something different to the many crochet bunting patterns that are readily available on the web, but I was really pleased with the end result.


I was even more pleased when I saw that a reader had already made the bunting with yarn from her stash. Marie-Therese Kielty shared her project on twitter here (@maritrez) It's looks fab - don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment