Friday, 27 April 2012

Knit Today - Keeping warm and cosy

In most of my blog posts I mention that my projects are top secret until the magazine is published. It's hard not being able to share with you what's on my needles as it's usually a commission that I can't share.

However, this month, I'm in three of the popular monthly knit and crochet mags - how exciting. This post is about one of those mags - Knit Today (you can visit their website here). Issue 72 is a fabulous edition with a free booklet of 50 quick and easy knits by Ann Franklin (you can find Ann here on Ravelry). The ladies at my knitting class really liked this booklet, full of easy gifts to knit for men, women, kids, baby and the home.

Featured in the mag, on page 80 are my men's slippers. I really enjoyed designing these as there are very few men's slipper patterns around. They remind me of an aran jumper and are really cosy and warm. I used a willing neighbour as a size model and he loved them so much that wanted to keep them - I'll have to knit him a pair for putting up with me constantly harrassing him to try the slippers on. He must have felt like Cinderella!!


Also featured is my spring blooms tea cosy. It's based on the pleated vintage style tea cosies, which is achieved by pulling unused yarns tightly across the back of the work when switching colours. I love the big flowers and leaves on the top. It will certainly brighten up your kitchen in the summer months.


Something that makes me really happy is when readers send in their pictures of their projects made from my patterns. In this month's edition, readers have sent in photos of my phone cosy from issue 69, my mug rug from issue 69 (which seems really popular) and my bunny hat from issue 70. It's great that readers are enjoying my patterns - it really makes me feel like I'm bringing a little bit of knitty happiness to the world.

1 comment:

  1. Wood countertops as well as plastic laminates in the wood design give your bathroom a definite elegance and rustic flavor that will most likely impress. Wood gets the added benefit of being a highly cost-effective countertop material which won’t hurt your savings.

    ReplyDelete