Tuesday, 20 December 2011

A Tale of Two Cities


I had a lovely week last week. It was 'Christmas Play' week, so my youngest had three nights of a very long play at our local primary school. We went to watch on Tuesday and thoroughly enjoyed the singing, acting, jokes and mishaps. The play was completely led by the children, so they had to help each other out with forgotten lines and forgotten props. Brilliant. It was rather long - a mere 2.5 hours and I had a very numb bottom at the end, but it was worth it to see my youngest dancing and joining in with some enthusiam. Most boys are not well known for wanting to be the centre of attention at 10, and I have to say that Master O wasn't best impressed at having to perform an egyptian dance. But he gave it some gusto and it made me smile a lot. A lovely night which made me feel more festive.

In great contrast, our middle daughter's school had their Carol Service at Chester Cathedral. What a magnificent setting, so beautiful and architectural; peaceful and powerful. Our daughter was lucky enough to gain a scholarship to the prestigious Hammond School in Chester where she is now training on their 3 year professional dance course. Her dream come true. The service was completely captivating, well rehearsed and perfectly delivered. It's a performing arts school so I'm sure you can imagine the quality of the singing. Who would have thought it - my little Miss I singing in Chester Cathedral. Amazing. Now were all starting to feel more festive although I still have quite a lot of work to finish before I can heave a great big sigh of relief. The yummy biscuits on the tree are keeping me going - in fact I do think it's time for one more - mustn't let them go stale......

No comments:

Post a Comment