Sunday, 11 September 2011

Holiday Snaps


I've just returned from a lovely, sunny holiday with hubby and two of our children. It was heaven. No knitting, no crochet and no computers (well - I did log onto facebook once or twice on the ipod!!). FANtastic!!
We stayed in a lovely hotel - the food was nice and it was very clean. I don't quite know how the maids work in the heat, but they worked their socks off, and so we had a nice clean room everyday. Much appreciated!! We had the usual sunbeds at dawn - mainly british people up at silly o'clock to get 'their sunbed'. Then they went off for the day, leaving the towels to mark their territory until they decided to return. How ridiculous. We avoided all that. I don't do early mornings at the best of times, especially not on holiday. So we walked to a nearby beach most mornings, which was about 15mins walk over the rocks. We spotted some great wildlife, including a wild tortoise and lots of lizards and birds.
I read a couple of FAB books - 'The Hidden Child' by Camilla Lackberg, and 'Her Fearful Symmetry' by Audrey Niffenegger. Both captivating - I couldn't put them down, and both were really interesting. I'd recommend them to anyone. Unlike the third book I read - Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. BORING!!! I only read it to keep me occupied on the return journey (I hate flying). It just about kept my mind off the journey along with the couple sat next to me who talked to me a lot too. They were lovely. I managed to get to chapter 35, but I don't think I'll bother with the rest....
Now it's back to knitting, crochet and computers and lots of deadlines, planning and developing ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment