Monday, 8 August 2011

Front Page News


Well - I can't believe I haven't blogged since May - that's three months ago. Time really does fly when you're having fun! Here are my knit and crochet cakes which made it to the front cover of last month's Let's Get Crafting. They look lovely and summery - don't you think.

I've been such a busy bee lately (no excuse for not blogging though!). I've had a deluge of magazine commissions, which is great - I'm not complaining. I just hope I can make the deadlines before our family holiday. I've drawn up a timeline, so it's all do-able but it's fitting all the other things in like washing, cleaning, occupying children in the school holidays, visiting friends and family and holiday packing. I'm sure I'll get there although there may be a few late nights.

I've been pleased with my designs. Today I posted off two strips of pretty bunting for Knit Today Magazine (issue 66) and a cute chubby penguin for Knit Magazine (issue 43). I have a Cat in issue 42 of Knit, who's rather sweet too. Next on the list is a set of quick kitchen knits, Christmas stockings (one knit/one crochet), christmas decorations and a fox toy. I should be in four magazines for their Christmas editions, which is fab.

Don't worry if you miss the mags - all of the patterns will be available to buy from me - 6 months after publication date. I promise to blog again soon and keep you uptodate with my commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment