Friday, 27 May 2011

Grassy Folksy Friday

Well another week has passed by and I've been busy again, although not as busy as the week before. This week I've:

1. Written a 1,000 word essay for a popular monthly crochet mag. I'm leaving it for a few days then I'll read it through again to make sure I'm happy with it. I'm sourcing some photos at the moment, and I'm really grateful to those generous crafters out there who are allowing me to use their beautiful photos in my article.
2. Been looking for a decent paid part-time job, just to provide some support to our family budget, as we will need every penny when our daughter goes off to vocational dance school in September. There's not much out there at the moment, but I'll keep looking.
3. Prepared and submitted a design idea to a crochet mag. Waiting for a response, so fingers crossed.
4. Sold a Waldo the Worm hat - first thing I've sold for a while - mainly because I don't have much for sale in my shop, so now I'm on a mission to change that and stock up with some gorgeous goodies.
5. Kept up my gym routine - I've only been twice this week, but it's better than nothing and I do a long work out each time I go (about 1.5 hours).

I'm looking forward to the kids being off next week as we can have a little lie in before deciding what to do/where to go etc. Or we can stay at home and play in the garden. Which leads me on to my folksy theme for this week - grass. Our grass is growing nicely, especially with the recent rain combined with the treatment my husband applied. The rain has kept the boys from playing football, which helps too.

Just click on the image to go to the sellers shop for more fab folksy goodies. Have a lovely bank holiday weekend whatever you're doing.


chocolatefrog Sophie's Stuff
Gail Griggs Photography Phlights of Phancy
Lynwoodcrafts Claire's Creations

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful selection - everyone is sileage making here, my hayfever remedy is at hand and I can almost hear all the little buzzings and rustlings in that grass. Thank you for including my lavender bags.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grass theme and thank you for featuring my notecards!


    -phylecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! what a fabulous surprise after i had neglected my shop for so long! thank you very much for featuring my corsages lynne :o)

    sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne your such an inspiration, I have now made my first slice of cake, hope I will be able to get on one of your classes soon. Kitty xx

    ReplyDelete