Friday, 20 May 2011

Crochet folksy friday

This week I've been quite busy and not just with crafting. Here's a quick summary of my weekly highlights:

1. Organised another Learn to Crochet Workshop for Saturday 11th. June, in Congleton - see my facebook page for more details (or email me at lpp10@sky.com).
2. Went to The Hammond School open evening - wow, they don't half produce some amazing talent. My daughter has been lucky enough to be offered a place for their professional dance course from September. She's sooooo excited, especially after the open evening.
3. Visited a friend and was blown away by the scale of her house rennovation project. It's all moving along well, and I can't wait to visit again soon to see how things are getting along. She has more guts than me.
4. Had a hair cut and colour - I needed it. At 47, my grey hairs are multiplying thick and fast, so I need to keep them at bay.
5. Secured a commission with a popular crochet mag for a written article - I'm so excited. I'm really enjoying the research and writing, so I hope they love it enough to want more.....

So that leads me to Friday. My folksy friday choices for this week are linked to vintage crochet - there are some amazingly skilled crocheters out there who painstakingly produce the most beautiful patterns and textures. Here are just a few of my favourites. Click the image to go to their folksy shop.

Sandra June Originals Gran's AtticPrince Designs PollyKraftsHand Made by Fausta girlybunches

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting on my credit card holder. I have been reading through past blogs and am adding yours to my favourites list.
    best wishes
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound to have had a busy week! I love all the crochet you've chosen above. I can knit (a bit) but I've never tried crochet but I'm sure I will have a go sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, Thanks for putting my coasters with these other lovely items!... very touched xxx

    ReplyDelete