Friday, 18 March 2011

Folksy Friday - Wonderland

Well it's finally here - the ballet show. Daughter's been rehearsing all week. As usual it's all a bit last minute, but hopefully everyone will remember what they're supposed to be doing tonight. I'm a fire door marshall tonight, so I can watch most of the show, then I'm watching tomorrow properly. The costume's ready - I was really pleased with how it looks and amazed myself with my ability to make a waistcoat that I could actually wear myself (obviously minus the buttons and ribbon) - it's fully lined and everything!!! I added the frills to the blouse, attached ribbon and buttons to the waistcoat and added the 10/6 sign and a big feather to the hat. Hats off to my daughter for her fab makeup. She a little disappointed that she's a man in the show - she's really girly and wanted to wear a beautiful tutu like the other main parts. Nevermind. Ballet shoes and tights arrived this morning - phew, so she's all set. So my folksy friday theme this week in Alice in Wonderland. If you click on the image you will go to the folksy seller's shop for more fab goodies. Don't forget to click the back button to come back to my blog.....

Eddie Gault - Artist Bird & Button UK
The Whimsical Wren Paintbox1110
artmagic Lauras Jewellery

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant topic, and your Daughter looks amazing.Hope her performance goes well.

    Thank you for featuring my card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme and a wonderful selection. Hope your daughter has a lovely time in the show.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete