Friday, 11 March 2011

Folksy Friday - granny squares

Well I've had a busy first couple of weeks of full time self-employment. How did I ever fit paid work into my schedule? I've been working on a mag commission, which I really need to finish off soon; promoting and preparing for a crochet work shop that I've organised in Congleton (email me if you would like details), writing to magazines to try and secure more work, and all the pfaffing around that goes with being self-employed. I've also been creating a costume for my daughter who's the mad hatter in Alice in Magical Wonderland (at the Daneside, Congleton). Nearly there with it and it's looking fab.....

My folksy friday theme this week is crochet - people often refer to crochet as 'knitted', but it's a different craft altogether and produces a very different texture. I absolutely love granny squares, so here's my tribute to this ever-so popular technique.

If you click on the image you will go to the folksy seller's shop for more fab goodies. Don't forget to click the back button to come back to my blog.....


The Sunroom Fuzzles
Gozzylupin1 and other stories
Alice Makes beep beep

4 comments:

  1. They are lovely aren't they - a bit like yarn versions of stained glass windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I adore Granny Squares too, luv em, luv em, luv em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lynne,
    You're welcome. Today I knitted one of your butterfly cupcakes for the first time and it went very well. I find the pattern easy to follow and I enjoy it very much. As soon as I have made some more, I will post them on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynne,

    Fabulous collection but then I would say that.

    I'm lovin' it.

    Granny power woo hoo!

    Best Wishes,

    Aileen

    ReplyDelete