Thursday, 13 January 2011

What's new this week?

Welcome to the first of my new weekly posts. Each week I will be showing you something new, either from myself or another crafter. I know it's the second week of the new year, so I've missed a week. Oops. If you know me, you'll know that's not unusual. I often 'miss the boat'. Not on purpose of course - sometimes life just gets in the way.....

We've been particularly busy these last two weeks, getting back into the swing of things, kids back to school and me and hubby back to work - bah humbug!! Still, it keeps us out of mischief I suppose. It's killed me though, getting up early again after a lovely christmas break and lots of lying in. I can't believe it's so dark in the mornings still. I'm looking forward to the longer days and warmer weather.

This year, one of my aims is to design more patterns for my online shops. My theory is - the more patterns I have, the more I'll sell. We'll see how that theory goes as the year moves on. I've started as I mean to go on and have written up my lastest design for my Hippo Twins. They really are soooo cute and I love the way they've turned out. They're featured in this Month's Let's Get Crafting Crochet, but I have received a copy yet, so haven't seen them in print. Perhaps I should buy a copy just in case I don't receive a complimentary one.

I've crocheted Harriet in red, white, pink and grey and she's really sweet, I'm sure you'll agree. I'm working on Harry in red, white, blue and grey. You can buy my hippo twins crochet pattern from my etsy shop, my folksy shop and on ravelry. I'd love to hear what you think, and if you have any ideas for a toy animal, please let me know. Just leave a comment.

1 comment: