Friday, 12 November 2010

Competition Winner and Folksy Friday

I recently ran a competition on my blog to carry out a bit of market research for an upcoming craft fair, just to help me make things that people will actually buy. I had a great response - many thanks to everyone for taking the time to enter. I really appreciate it. It will help me to knit the right sorts of thing for my craft fairs and my shops. The results are at the bottom of the post, in case you want to use them yourself.

I wrote all 15 names down on slips of paper and popped them into a bag. My little boy picked the winner. And the winner is ............

SusieJ from folksy. Your prize is on the needles Susie, hope you like it. As it's friday, I've decided to feature Susie's shop "Over theRainbow" as my Folksy Friday treasury. Here are my favourite items:


Rainbow baby sun hat Lavender knitted heart bag charm
crochet gloves in pink merino= phone/i-pod sock with strap
Beaded cuff bracelet - chilli red= Red Knitted Dog coat


Survey results:
I asked 5 questions, and here are the results:

1. How much would you spend at a craft fair on one knitted item?
Most popular answer = b) & c) £5-10 and £10-15

2. What knitted item are you most likely to buy?
Most popular answer = h) gloves/mittens

3. Whom would you buy a knitted item for?
Most popular answer = b) adult female

4. Which colour schemes are you most likely to choose?
Most popular answer = b) muted tones

5. Which style of knitting do you prefer?
Most popular answer = a) chunky

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe I've won something - I never win ! So thrilled, thank you Lynne, looking forward to my prize ! And thanks also for the feature on my shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lynne, interesting results, Ali

    ReplyDelete