Friday, 6 August 2010

Green Man

I had an interesting day on monday when I went to visit my daughters latest art project/exhibition, at SHOP in Stoke. She's an artist in residence from July 31st. to August 14th.
Her exhibition is all about reinterpreting ‘The Green Man’ as symbol of regeneration and renewal in the city of Stoke-on-Trent. Here's a link to her website if you're interested in reading more - "A Conversation with the Green Man"

If you get a chance, go along and take the green man trail.

My folksy friday this week is all about the green man. I love the latch hook rug and I've just bought the brooch for my daughter. It's gorgeous with real attention to detail - she'll love it.


Pats Paraphenalia - green man brooch Sarah Designs - green man wooden spoon
Eeksie Peeksie Ceramic giftware - Green Man Steampunk Storm - New Age Green Man Pendant
baggelboy - The Green Man Riv's Rugs - Green Man Latch Hook Rug



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring my Green Man brooch (well he is now YOURS, lol!) on your Folksy Friday blog. I love the others, particularly the pyrographed spoon and the copper leaf which gives a different slant on the Green Man. Hope your daughter likes the brooch!

    ReplyDelete