Friday, 16 July 2010

Buttons and Bows

I love buttons and ribbon. They're essential to have around the house. I use ribbon all the time to wrap around presents - it's adds that special touch. I'm lucky to have Beresfords Ribbon Factory nearby by. Every now and again they have a public sale day and just like my yarn addiction, I always come back laden with bags of ribbon. I'm slowly working my way through it all!!

Buttons are another addiction of mine. I'm not sure what the attraction is with buttons, but my nan and my mum always had a button tin too. I used to love tipping them out and sorting them into colours. Now I have my very own button jar that my little boy loves playing with.

So my folksy friday theme this week is buttons and bows - here are my folksy fave's - just hover your mouse over the picture to see the designer and click to go to their folksy shop (don't forget to hit the back button to come back to my blog):


Chain of Button Daisies -Festive Fun button and ribbon bag Charlotte Hupfield Ceramics - Natural Leaf buttons
Dotty Pottery - Four Ceramic Stripey Buttons Paper Fish - 3m double spot ribbons Pennydog Supplies - 38mm pink and green stripey ribbon Artspace Scotland - ceramic buttons

8 comments:

  1. Lovely finds and theme, I used to love going through my mum and nans buttons too, I used to love all the patterns and shapes :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't do without them! these are lovely ones that you've found ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous buttons:)
    Millie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection, thank you for including my ceramic leaf buttons, they are in good company here :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super buttons! Lovely shapes and colours.

    Jacqueline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including my buttons I love buttons too - I still have my Nan's old button box upstairs - every now and again I find a lovely little treasure in it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love playing with my Nan's buttons too. I've just started my own button jar and its getting rather full.
    I love those ceramic buttons by artspace scotland
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bit of a button fanatic, have fond memories of playing in my Mummyis button tin and my little girl now plays in mine! Ceramic buttons! Best of both worlds!

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete