Saturday, 8 May 2010

Let's Knit

This week I was approached by two knitting magazines - Let's Knit and Let's Get Crafting. I love it when this happens, although it usually involved short timescales, and late nights.

Let's Knit want to feature my knitted doughnuts pattern, with a link to my folksy shop. This is great as I really need some publicity, after my re-branding exercise. I'm still not sure if my re-branding was worth it as sales are pretty non-existant at the moment.

Let's Get Crafting have also commissioned me to design a pattern for the next crochet issue. I'm really excited about this, and I've made great start. I'm really pleased with progress so far and the yarn colours sent to me are really nice and look great on my new design. I can't reveal the design yet, but I will, as soon as the mag is published.

I'm also featured in a crochet mini-mag, which is free with this months Crafts Beautiful magazine. One of my cupcakes are on the front cover, yippee....

Here are my donuts for Let's Knit - you can buy the pattern here in my folksy shop (in sterling), or here in my etsy shop (in dollars). These donuts are one of my most popular patterns. They knit up really quickly and I have written instructions for knitting with two straight needles and knitting in the round. I knitted these in the round as I didn't want any seams to be visible for the magazine photo shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so fun! And I bet... hard to make. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete